For my first project of the New Year, I'm working on creating a 2015 Vision Board for my bedroom (I'll post the final product later once it's completed)! Every year, I come up with a one-word resolution for myself. There may be several sub-focuses under than goal, but I really like to have one main area of focus for the year! My word for 2014 was "Happy" (see About section for full story). As this new year began, I started to think about where I wanted to focus my attention. One word stood out to me: CREATE. Obviously as a crafter I love to create, but for me, creating doesn't just stop at crafts. Some of my sub-focuses this year include:
- create a budget (with graduation and "the future" looming, I have to figure out my finances!)
- create a plan (for "the future")
- create healthy meals (no more fast food...well, less of it at least!)
- create music (as a music education major, I spend all day surrounded by music. I want to do more singing and playing piano for my own enjoyment...not just for a grade!)
- create a blog (check!)
- create JOY (that's where the name of this blog comes in! I want to bring joy to others through my service, my gifts, and my time...which will, in turn, make me a more joyful person!